- Change Careers
- Live Abroad
- Earn Money Online
Does the price of wedding rings indicate anything other than how much a couple is willing to spend? Here are the results of my not so scientific survey with 112 people.
1) On a scale of 1 – 10 how happy would you say you are / were in your current / most recent marriage? (1 = divorced, 10 = total elation)
2) In total how much did you spend on your engagement and wedding rings for the two of you?
All responses were anonymous.
A few observations on the survey results:
1) Nobody that spent more than $10,000 on a wedding ring rated their marriage as a 10.
2) The lowest happiness rating from a person who spent less than $500 on wedding rings was a 6. The lowest happiness rating from a person who spent more than $15,000 was a 6 also.
3) 4.4% of people who spent less than $1,500 on their wedding rings are divorced.
4) 2.6% of people who spent less than $1,500 on their wedding rings rated their happiness in their marriage as a 10.
5) Any couple that spent more than $20,000 on their wedding rings is still married, as are all couples who chose to go without wedding rings.
Want to make the “not so scientific poll” a little more scientific? Take the 2 question (multiple choice) survey.
Tagged with: editiorial